What is Typescript?
- It is specially designed for small scripts
- It is open source
- It has Microsoft’s Patronage
- It runs in almost all the browsers
- Supports classes, interfaces & modules
- Cross compilation
- If required it can be extended to develop large applications
Why Choose Typescripts?
Typescripts pose a lot of advantages. There are some considerable number of aspects about typescripts to choose them over the rest. Some of them are
- The support that typescript renders to JS libraries and API documentation
- The language is optionally types
- The code structuring is comparatively better
- The programming techniques are object oriented
- If there is a necessity the language extended beyond the standard decorators.
History of Type Scripts :
Typescript first hit the markets in the year 2012. In the year 2013 Typescript 0.9 was released by Microsoft. At Build 2014 additional support for generic Typescript 1.0 was released. The second version of typescript compiler was launched in July 2014. It was five times faster than the old version. Support for ES 6 was released in July 2015. Features like key and lookup were added in November 2016. In March 2018 support for conditional types, and intersection types came in.
- It is a Cross-Platform language
- Can be used for both client side and server side
- Easy to learn
- It is dynamic and flexible
- No restrictions in most of the aspects
- Ensures strong work flow
- Wide options for frameworks
Features of Typescript :
- Easy maintenance
- High productivity for developers
- Code navigation and bug prevention
- Wide range of features for functions
- Supports ES6